Relax on a tropical island paradise:
Paradise Island in the Bahamas
A vacation that fits your budget.
A vacation where most of your time is invested in enjoying yourself and recharging your batteries.
Watching riders go through the shark tank on the Serpent Slide at Atlantis
Not worrying about how to get to where you’re staying from the airport or the expense of a mediocre breakfast in the hotel restaurant.
Think about it. For a relaxing, getaway vacation, do you really have to spend a lot of money? You can escape to Paradise – Paradise Island – for a weekend or a week if you plan in advance.
Ready to Get Away?
A getaway vacation relaxes you and allows you to return home refreshed. Whether you want to just lie on the beach sipping tropical drinks, feel the exhilaration of parasailing, shop for handmade souvenirs, or experience nature in an exquisite setting, Paradise Island can be the perfect place for your vacation.
A little information and planning can really make the difference between a gorgeous memory and an absolute disaster. And to plan in advance, all you need is a little practical knowledge about your destination.
Whether you’re ready to go next week or are planning your vacation for next year, I hope you enjoy preparing for your visit as much as I do!
Why Paradise Island?
- easy to reach - many nonstop flights to Nassau leave major US cities
- no need to change money - the Bahamian dollar is interchangeable with the US dollar
- easy access from the airport by taxi
- the language is English, with a Bahamian twist
- close to Nassau’s shopping, dining, cultural sites – but not too close
- free from the noise and traffic of Nassau
When you book a hotel online, unless you know someone who has been there, you have to rely on the images the hotel provides to see what it’s like. After nearly 20 years of world travel, I rarely stay anywhere that isn’t recommended, at least by a trusted guidebook.
I first visited Paradise Island several years ago. I was an adult who had returned to graduate school, and I had little time for more than working and studying. I had only enough time and money for a vacation somewhere close, but I needed a break, an escape, so I headed down to the Bahamas.
Since then, I’ve been back so many times that Bahamians tell me I will soon be permitted to vote in their elections! Friends and family always call on me to advise them when they want to get away somewhere fun for the adults and kids. I started this website to show people what it’s like with my many photographs and no-nonsense advice. (Learn more About Me). It’s a pleasure to write about Paradise and help people who are trying to collect information on their getaway vacations. I hope I can help you as well!
Interested in a vacation in paradise? You’ve come to the right place.
- Paradise Island Blog
- Weekly-updated blog with news and on-goings about Paradise Island, the Bahamas, plus info on changes to the Practical Paradise Island site.
- Bahamas Island Paradise
- Tell your story about your adventure on the Bahamas island paradise and see it posted on the Paradise Island blog. Post your best vacation snapshots, too.
- Paradise Island Hotels - Where Are You Going To Stay?
- Every budget and lifestyle can find a home in one of the Paradise Island Hotels or other accommodations
- Instead of booking a room in a hotel, opt for a villa at Harborside Resort at Atlantis and enjoy the use of a full kitchen, dining table, and washer/dryer.
- Ocean Club Bahamas
- The exclusive resort, th One & Only Ocean Club Bahamas, is as pricy as it is beautiful.
- Atlantis Bahamas
- Paradise Island's mega-resort extraordinaire, Atlantis Bahamas - what's it really all about?
- Atlantis in Bahamas
- Dining options abound at Atlantis in Bahamas
- Atlantis in the Bahamas
- Staying at Atlantis in the Bahamas doesn't have to cost an arm and a leg
- Atlantis Paradise Island Bahamas
- There’s great shopping to be done at the Atlantis Paradise Island Bahamas!
- Atlantis Resort Bahamas
- Check out some of the exciting premium activities at Atlantis Resort Bahamas
- Paradise Island Restaurants & Dining
- Dining options on Paradise Island fit every budget. Satisfy your hunger with delicious meals at these Paradise Island restaurants and cafes.
- Paradise Island Shopping
- Get away from the dust and crowds of the city. Paradise Island Shopping provides a much needed oasis of shops and restaurants
- Paradise Island Activities
- From a leisurely stroll through peaceful gardens to the hair-raising excitement of parasailing, the Paradise Island activities feature something for everyone.
- Marina Village
- Stroll through the colorful Marina Village at the Atlantis Resort Bahamas for shopping and dining options
- Water Slides
- With names like The Abyss, The Drop, and The Leap of Faith, some of the water slides at the Atlantis Resort Bahamas sound scary and exciting—and they are!
- Advertising and Affiliate Information
- The advertising and affiliate information & disclosures for the Practical Paradise Island website
- Site Map
- Check out the site map to navagate around the Practical Paradise Island website
- Our Partner Websites
- Check out our partner websites.
- Bahamas Articles
- A list of Bahamas articles written by the publisher of Practical Paradise Island
- Facts about the Bahamas
- Pirates’ lair, settlement for British loyalists after the American Revolution, haven for rum runners, and exquisite getaway destination—lots of facts about the Bahamas may surprise you.
- Contact Me
- Practical Paradise Island's Contact Me page
- Make Your Own Website
- If you’ve been considering starting a website for business or pleasure, check out the best online system to make your own website, one that will get traffic and make money.
- Support Us
- Support Us